Summary of minimum driver requirements
- Minimum of 24 months over-the-road experience in the past 120 months, of which 12 months must be within the past 36 months. May substitute local for over-the road experience.
- No felony convictions within the past 10 years
- No convictions for possession, sale or use of any illegal drugs
- Minimum of 25 years of age
- Must present a clean, well groomed appearance
- Favorable references from past employers
- No application falsifications, application must include 10-year employment history with no gaps in employment
- No more than 3 points for Minor* moving violations/accidents in the past 36 months or 1 point in the last 12 months
*Minor moving violations (1 point each): improper stop, lane violation, speeding (1-15 mph over speed limit), traffic control device, unsafe operation of motor vehicle, failure to yield, one preventable accident, improper U-turn or improper backing or turning, red light, stop sign. Two points (2) for each of the following: following too closely, careless driving.
- No Type I** violation within the past 36 months
**Type I violations include: use of a handheld communication device, failure to report an accident, failure to aid/stop/identify, wrong way on highway, at fault accident with fatality, allowing non- licensed operator to operate vehicle, speeding (16-20 over limit)
- No Type II*** violation within the past 60 months
***Type II violations include: DUI, driving w/suspended-revoked license, false report to dept., hit and run, leaving the scene, homicide or manslaughter with a motor vehicle, passing a school bus, racing, eluding a police officer, railroad crossing conviction, reckless driving, speeding (+21 mph over limit)
- No more than 1 preventable accident and no preventable DOT accidents within the past 36 months
- Must provide current DOT physical and report for DOT drug screen
- Must supply a copy of CDL, social security card or birth certificate
PSP report must not contain: jumping an OOS order, load securement or hazmat placarding violations, failure to secure container violation, 3 or more HOS OOS violations within the past 12 months or non- English speaking violations within the past 12 months. Have 90 or above CSA Points.
Call us for more details: 866-618-4592