Summary of minimum driver requirements
- Minimum of 18 months over-the-road experience in the past 60 months, of which 12 months must be within the past 36 months that is similar experience and subjected to the FMCSA’s drug testing rules of 49 CFR Part 40. May substitute local for over-the road experience.
- No felony convictions within the past 7 years
- No convictions for possession, sale or use of any illegal drugs
- No past failed or refused drug screens or SAP programs. We do not accept SAP programs.
- Minimum of 23 years of age
- Must present a clean, well groomed appearance
- Favorable references from past employers
- No application falsifications, application must include 10-year employment history with no gaps in employment
- No more than 3 points for Minor* moving violations/accidents in the past 36 months or 1 point in the last 12 months
*Minor moving violations (1 point each): improper stop, lane violation, speeding (1-15 mph over speed limit), traffic control device, unsafe operation of motor vehicle, failure to yield, one preventable accident, improper U-turn or improper backing or turning, red light, stop sign. Two points (2) for each of the following: following too closely, careless driving.
- No Type I** violation within the past 36 months
**Type I violations include: use of a handheld communication device, failure to report an accident, failure to aid/stop/identify, wrong way on highway, at fault accident with fatality, allowing non- licensed operator to operate vehicle, speeding (16-20 over limit)
- No Type II*** violation within the past 60 months
***Type II violations include: DUI, false report to dept., hit and run, leaving the scene, homicide or manslaughter with a motor vehicle, passing a school bus, racing, eluding a police officer, railroad crossing conviction, reckless driving, speeding (+21 mph over limit)
- No more than 1 preventable accident and no preventable DOT accidents within the past 36 months
- Must provide current DOT physical that has been certified with your state and medical classification on MVR must show “Non-Excepted Interstate”
- Report for a pre-employment DOT drug screen
- Must supply a copy of CDL, social security card or birth certificate
PSP report must not contain: jumping an OOS order, load securement or hazmat placarding violations, failure to secure container violation, 3 or more HOS OOS violations within the past 12 months or non- English speaking violations within the past 12 months.
Call us for more details: 866-618-4592